Saturday, May 18, 2013

American Stripping Company

When I first started rebuilding my dad's 1200, I had no idea where to start. I stripped the frame of all the components and then it sat for a while until last summer when I decided that it was finally time to repaint it. I went to Home Depot and got some chemical paint remover, which worked well but didn't provide the result I was looking for, so I went to my local Spokes etc where they recommended American Stripping Company.



While it might sound like a gentleman's club or something of the like, American Stripping Company is a great place to get a frame stripped and powder coated. I highly recommend them to anyone in northern Virginia. 

The service they provided was outstanding and the prices were incredibly reasonable. The people who worked there were friendly, helpful, and enthusiastic about their jobs. My frame and fork took about a week to strip and paint, and bikes are not the only thing that they can service. As you can see from the picture I posted earlier, there are an abundance of colors and not all are powder coating options. 

I'll post the link to their website under the "resources" tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment