Monday, July 25, 2011

Essential Tools

There are a few tools that you must have to complete the simplest bike repairs, many of which you can find already in your house, especially if you have a standard tool kit. In fact, I don't even have a bike-specific tool kit, but I can get by because of my common bike knowledge, videos on Youtube and by borrowing a few of my friend's and neighbor's tools.

The most important tools that you can own are hex, or Allen wrenches, as well as regular wrenches of many different shapes and sizes. Other important tools to have are screwdrivers, both Phillips and Flat-Head types. But perhaps the most used tool in my house is my multi-tool. It has screwdrivers and hex wrenches of different sizes and types and comes in handy when you are looking for an easy to use tool. On top of that they are small and convenient to carry (I bring mine almost everywhere) and can offer more torque than a conventional hex wrench or screwdriver when tightening or loosening screws.

No comments:

Post a Comment